How To Make Your Website ADA Compliant
We’ve all heard the term ADA Compliant but too few of us understand what it means. In short, if your website does not accommodate those with
disabilities as stated in the Americans with Disabilities Act, you could be in big trouble.
What Is The Americans with Disabilities Act?
Testing Your Site: Is it ADA Compliant?
The fact is, we cannot have businesses or other facilities that make life difficult for those members of our communities with disabilities.
This act sent out a fundamental call to all of us who do business or provide services to make our sites ADA Compliant or face potentially hefty fines.
What You Need to Know About this Act:
- Do your research and determine what effects this compliance will have on your business and how to best apply the changes
- After applying new changes according to the act, determine the degree of compliance you have rendered and study the results you are getting
- Look for ways to not only be in compliance with the law but to make those with disabilities feel comfortable so they will enjoy their
visit to your site or establishment
- Determine what new tools and technologies are available to make the best and most comprehensive platform for those individuals with
disabilities of all kinds
- Make these changes to help those with disabilities, and to help you too. Make this good for everyone involved including you and your
Since the Americans with Disabilities Act was passed years ago, many great new tools and applications have come to light. Using these tools gives you
the power to be certain your site or business is indeed ADA Compliant.
Examples of Available ADA Testing Tools:
- Test your sites text size, text color, and contrast
- Complete page checkers, as well as complete site checkers, are quick and easy to use
- Tools to set up ongoing testing programs as your site grows and changes
- Image and link testing to check for alt tags and ease of access
- Making the site a breeze and a pleasurable experience for all your visitors
- ADA Compliance can work to draw business into your site
- Creating text that is ADA Compliant and understandable for Google and all search engines
- SEO-optimized sites with ADA Compliance are good for everyone
We all understand that in business, as in life, everything changes so being set up and ready for the next incoming change can
easily place you at the top of the pile when it comes to ADA Compliance and SEO platforms. Your website must be flawless across
all platforms and function correctly and smoothly on desktop computers, tablets, laptops, and mobile phones. So keep a close eye on your
site and its ease of operability as well as the competition.