What is the Difference Between Cloud and Hosted Services?
The Internet services known as cloud hosting and that of web hosting vary in purpose and cost to the consumer.
Regarding traditional web server hosting, the user is bound to the physical constraints of a single server carrying your website host.
In cloud hosting, your website's resources are divided across many different virtual servers which can then be obtained quite efficiently when needed.
How does cloud hosting work:
Cloud hosting services allow access to applications and websites using cloud resources.
Traditional hosting offers solutions that are not deployed on a single server.
Instead, a network of connected virtual and physical cloud servers hosts the application or website, ensuring greater resilience and scalability.
How does web hosting work:
Web hosting is traditional hosting. It utilizes a network of connected virtual and physical servers.
Web hosts are privately owned firms that rent their web services and technology to host websites on the internet.
When you pay a company to host your site, you may then access the site by typing the web address or URL into a browser.
Then, the hosting company connects to the exact server your site is hosted on.
Differences & Similarities:
Key features of Cloud Hosting:
Key features of Web Hosting:
- Applications and web solutions are on a network of connected servers rather than a single server
- Resources can scale to user needs
- Individuals or organizations pay for the resources they use so it’s a pay as you go model
- Cloud hosting services support SQL including MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Solutions are automated and controlled using APIs, web portals, and mobile apps
The choice is yours:
- Webspace — also known as “disk space” — is a prepaid allocation of space you get on the Web host’s server and
measured in megabytes and gigabytes
- Bandwidth & Data Transfer - Bandwidth is measured as the amount of data that can be transferred from one point to another
within a network in a specific amount of time
- Control Panel providing users with support and control of hosting or web features
- Domain name availability and checking
- FTP capability allowing users to transfer data from their computer to the host and thereby to the Web
- Dedicated and shared IP address provides a routine string that can be assigned to multiple websites
- Email creation and usability
- Privacy and security for your data protection
- Technical support whether by phone — which appears to be a thing of the past — or chat and textbox Q & A service
So users seeking a host for blogging or a fully-featured Website have the luxury of choosing the format and features that suit their needs best.
Since every user has varied motivations and intentions, having a choice is a very good thing!